Special interest tourism types consist of 4 main categories. Tourism types in each of the categories are included in the category to which they belong.
Nature-Based Special Interest Tourism Types:
Most of the tourism types in the tourism sector are related to nature. With the negativities brought about by mass tourism, nature has faced destruction. For this reason, the damage caused by humans to nature is reduced or eliminated with various types of tourism and projects. So, what are the special interest tourism types based on nature?
- Agro Tourism (Agricultural Tourism): It is a type of tourism that involves the transfer of the knowledge and skills of the tourists participating in agricultural production to the farms with the labor force and in return they receive accommodation, food and beverage services.
- River Tourism: It is a type of tourism that involves participating in activities such as rafting and canoeing in rivers, and benefiting from tourism goods and services that combine with these activities.
- Botanical Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes seeing endemic flora and fauna in specially designed botanical gardens and benefiting from tourism goods and services in such areas.
- Plateau Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes going to the plateaus and staying and participating in touristic activities within the plateau.
- Health Tourism: It is a type of tourism that involves people traveling to another destination for treatment purposes in order to protect their health or regain their health, and at the same time benefit from the tourist goods and services in the destination.
- Bird Watching Tourism: This type of tourism examines the migration, ecology and behavior of bird species on the earth; observation of birds on place and utilization of tourism goods and services in the region.
- Winter Tourism: It includes the participation of visitors to winter tourism centers in recreational activities in ski resorts and also offers the opportunity to benefit from various tourism goods and services in ski resorts.
- Air Sports Tourism: It is a type of tourism that involves participating in air activities such as parachuting, paragliding and ballooning.
- Cruise Tourism: Cruise ships, known as large cruise ships, involve spending days in the water. Although cruise ships have all the touristic facilities, they are visited at certain intervals to nearby destinations and time is spent in these destinations.
The special interest tourism types that are carried out with nature are as above. So, what are the special interest tourism types that are focused on hobby?
Types of Special Interest Tourism Based on a Hobby
Special Interest Tourism – Cave Tourism
Hobby It is the realization of activities involving a special curiosity and spending time in this way. Here in the tourism sector, there are special interest tourism types for this. So, what are the special interest tourism types that are pursued based on a hobby?
- Hunting Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes the hunting animals allowed within the framework of the laws determined by the country that accepts the tourist and includes similar touristic activities.
- Golf Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes activities involving watching or playing golf as well as traveling to the destinations where these activities are carried out.
- Wine Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes going to the destinations producing grape and wine and tasting grapes and wine in these destinations, as well as experiencing the wine culture and cultural values of that destination, and then participating in events such as wine and grape festivals.
- Shopping Tourism: It is a type of tourism that involves traveling for shopping and taking advantage of tourist goods and services in the destination during these trips.
- Adventure Tourism: It is a type of tourism that involves interacting with the natural environment, performing activities that contain danger and being intertwined with the element of cultural travel.
- Cave Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes visiting the caves, where necessary infrastructure and superstructure works have been made, and benefiting from the touristic goods and services in the vicinity.
- Yacht Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes yachts coming from another destination or renting a yacht at the destination, also benefiting from marina activities and consuming auxiliary touristic goods and services.
Special interest tourism types based on hobby are as above. So, what are the special interest tourism types based on culture?
Culture-Based Special Interest Tourism Types
Visiting Sinop Prison – Special Interest Tourism
Activities that require seeing the structures of cultural heritage, feeling the values of cultural heritage instead and discovering are among the tourism types that require special attention. So, what are these types of tourism?
- Cultural Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes seeing and examining assets with cultural value, having the opportunity to see cultural values on site and obtaining the necessary information. It is one of the most important tourism types in the world. It is also very important in terms of promoting the cultural value of a country or destination. You can learn about our cultural heritage protected by UNESCO by examining our content named “UNESCO World Heritage List”.
- Sadness Tourism (Dark Tourism): It is a type of tourism that includes visiting places where events such as genocides, natural disasters, massacres and so on, and feeling the spirit of that period. Going to Ukraine for the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster in Ukraine and visiting the place where the disaster occurred or visiting the Sinop Prison in Sinop are important examples of sadness tourism. For more detailed information
- Silk Road Tourism: It is a tourism type that includes the revitalization of cultural travels between countries on the route of the Silk Road and other silk road travels with the “Silk Road Project”.
- Ethnic Tourism: It is a type of tourism that provides the opportunity to experience the cultural values, lifestyles and prominent features of the society on site. “What is Ethnocentrism?” You can also review our content named.
- Event Tourism: Societies have their own events, festivals and carnivals. The type of tourism that expresses traveling and spending time by participating in such events is also known as event tourism.
The above information about the special interest tourism types based on culture is very important. In addition, special interest tourism types based on education can be mentioned.
Special Interest Tourism Types Based on Education
The age we are in is called the information age and therefore access to information has become very easy. For this, it is observed that countries attach importance to educational tourism types. So, what are these special interest tourism types?
- Congress Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes visiting destinations and attending congresses and meetings to exchange information on people’s areas of expertise or profession.
- Education Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes the trips people make to different destinations to increase their education level, improve themselves and receive education.
- Youth Tourism: It is a type of tourism that includes travel, cultural and recreational trips for young people between the ages of 15 and 25 with the support of public or private organizations.
Special interest tourism types based on education are as above. In general, classification of special interest tourism types is very beneficial in terms of being easily understandable and comprehensible.
for special interest tourism activities and the most popular trails in Turkey +90,212,267 number 12 09 or you can contact us through our e-mail address is email@example.com